The course will be the latest research outcomes of the Center of Reliable Power Electronics (CORPE). The 2017 version of the course will focus on failure mechanisms and degradation models of active power devices and capacitors, reliability analysis of power electronic systems, and reliability testing methods.
The course will have the following five main parts:
- Introduction to modern reliability and robustness approach
- Reliability testing methods and testing data analysis (e.g., Weibull)
- Long-term wear out and single-event abnormal operation of active power modules and capacitors
- Design tools and reliability analysis of power electronic systems
- Condition monitoring and thermal control of critical power electronic components